D-Day Revisited - 75 Years Later
World War II Western Allies launched the largest amphibious invasion in history when they assaulted Normandy 75 years ago tomorrow, June 6, 1944.
Veterans return to walk the beaches of Normandy today. This video will warm your heart...
Historical D-Day Facts:
On D-Day alone
- 7,000 ships took part in the invasion
- including 1,213 warships
- 4,127 landing craft
- 23,000 airborne troops were dropped behind enemy lines prior to the invasion
- 132,000 men landed on the beaches
- 12,000 Allied aircraft supported the men
- 10,000 vehicles were delivered to the five beaches.
- 4,414 casualties on day-1
- 22,119 casualties from 06JUN to 01JUL
- more than 9,000 wounded or missing
- American personnel during the entire Normandy campaign…
- 1,931,885 by land
- 659,554 by air
- 285,000 Naval
- All total 2,876,439 officers and troops were housed in 1,108 bases & camps.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | D-Day Revisited - 75 Years Later
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY