Why Homeowners Host Better Super Bowl Parties than Renters!
There is often a passionate debate when it comes to renting vs. buying a home. What makes the most financial sense is as individual as the location of the rental property or the property being considered for purchase!
We’ve all heard the mantra, “Real estate is local” or “Location, location, location” when it comes to the most important thing about buying a home. Well, it’s even more specific than that - it’s hyperlocal.
- Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home in the last quarter of 2018 was 28.4%. The percentage needed to buy a median-priced home was 17.5%. The choice becomes more obvious when you think about renting vs. buying from that perspective.
- As I mentioned, every market is different. Before you renew your lease again, let’s talk! Let’s find out if you can put your housing costs to work by buying your first home this year.
So, why the Super Bowl reference? Well, it may or may not be true in every rental but, owning your own home and living life as YOU want to live it - painting your walls, building a deck, installing an outdoor fireplace... The list goes on and own - the Independence of home-ownership is far more enjoyable than being a tenant.
Keeping Current Matters (KCM) put this infographic together and while it may seem comical, there is truth in each of the five reasons!
*Infographic provided by Keeping Current Matters (KCM)
Watching the big game (or any sporting event) at home with your friends & family certainly has its advantages.
- You’ll have your own space to entertain a large crowd without worrying about complaints to your landlord if you cheer too loudly!
- It’s YOUR kitchen - cook as many entrees, appetizers or desserts as you want!
- Apartments don’t allow grilling on decks but, with your own single family home, you’ll have your own backyard for grilling and more space for entertaining.
- Some of your guests will only there to watch the commercials - they can do so on a different TV in different rooms or even on your outdoor patio area!
Visit www.iCharlotteHomes.com for more information on home-ownership. Your first step in considering home-buying should be enlisting an experienced, local real estate broker. Selecting a great broker is not as easy as it may seem. Enlist a seasoned real estate professional for your home buying needs. We would love to share our knowledge of homeownership and the Charlotte area with you...and give you the grand tour of our gorgeous city!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Why Homeowners Host Better Super Bowl Parties than Renters
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY