Top 5 Reasons to Take Advantage of Your VA Mortgage Loan Option
Let me begin by wishing you a happy Veterans Day and thank all veterans so much for your service. We are all indebted to you for your honor, dedication to our country and service on behalf of all Americans. You are appreciated.
Buying a home as a veteran
We have had great success with our veterans this year, getting them into their dream homes. Charlotte is not a military city but, we are honored to assist many veterans moving to our area. We have been proactive in educating our fellow agents as to the VA loan process.
I have personally negotiated on behalf of several veterans using their VA loans and winning bidding wars for them. I’m honored to serve our vets and would love to serve you as well.
Don’t let the fear of an over-abundance of paperwork needed to secure VA lending scare you! ALL loans - VA & conventional - require a lot of personal & financial information these days. We have lenders who will take the stress off of your VA loan process and get you that sweet VA loan package that can get you into the home of your dreams.
Here are 5 great reasons to utilize your VA mortgage benefit:
1. They can be used over and over again. You can ‘reuse’ your full VA entitlement as long as you pay off the loan each time.
2. They’re not issued by the VA but, they are backed by the government. The Veterans Administration isn’t in the business of issuing home loans. Instead, the government provides a guaranty on each qualified mortgage loan. This gives lenders confidence to participate in VA loan programs and also helps service members secure great terms and rates.
3. They’re available despite foreclosure or bankruptcy history. Service members with a history of bankruptcy or foreclosure can secure a VA loan. Even borrowers who have had a VA loan foreclosed on can still utilize their VA loan benefit.
4. They don’t have mortgage insurance. Mortgage insurance is a monthly fee you pay with other loan programs when you do not put at least 20% down. The VA’s guaranty eliminates the need for any mortgage insurance or mortgage insurance premium, helping borrowers save even more money each month and most often requiring ZERO DOWN. *See graphic below - last year 79% of VA borrowers put zero down on their new home.
5. There is no pre-payment penalty. You can make extra payments any time you want, saving you significant interest over the life of your loan. You can even structure your payments to automatically deduct a little extra every month. Just an extra $100 per month can shave years and tens of thousands of dollars from your mortgage loan balance.
More statistics about VA loans:
*Infographic provided by Keeping Current Matters (KCM)
Need help finding a reputable VA lender and locating your dream home in the Charlotte area? Let's talk! Call or text (704) 491-3310 - I'd be honored to assist you.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Top 5 Reasons to Take Advantage of Your VA Mortgage Loan Option
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY