5 Maintenance Skills All Charlotte Homeowners Should Know
Owning a home can be one of the most critical keys to a satisfying lifestyle. The joy of coming home to a place you can call your very own, offers security and comfort. Yet owning a home comes with responsibilities as well; maintaining the home in proper condition is critical to avoid larger problems later.
Some of the most common new homeowner complaints include one room of power not functioning (#2) and HVAC shutting off because #4 was not done. While some people are simply handier than others, here are 5 maintenance skills any homeowner can very easily master.
1. How to Find a Wall Stud – Avoid drywall repair when hanging pictures or shelves.
2. Understanding How Electricity Is Fed to Your Home –Learn how to reset GFI outlets and popped breakers at the panel to avoid expensive house calls.
3. How to Turn off Your Gas and Water –If you smell gas or have a water leak, taking quick action to shut off the source to the home while you wait for a professional can save thousands of dollars, and even lives.
4. How to Change Your Air Filters – Keep your air fresh and your HVAC systems running efficiently.
5. How to Address Simple Plumbing – From fixing a running toilet to re-caulking the shower, simple plumbing related issues can save money in service calls and damage.
A quick visit to the local home store or an afternoon watching online repair videos can help any homeowner tackle a few simple do-it-yourself tasks around the house. Learning a few basic maintenance skills will ensure you and your loved ones are safe and you’ll help your home stay in top condition.
5 Maintenance Skills All Charlotte Homeowners Should Know - simple, easy to learn tips to keep your home in tip top shape. Need more homeowner tips, let's talk! Call or text (704) 491-3310
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | 5 Maintenance Skills All Charlotte Homeowners Should Know
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY