It's Father's Day - Need A Last-Minute Gift Idea?
Why Not Give Your Dad A Handmade Card with a Gift to Renovate this Father's Day?
Today’s buyers generally want modernized, updated properties. In a lot of markets, features like stainless steel appliances and granite countertops are expected but, there are other things that you can help Dad with as well. As your Father’s Day gift, help your dad add value to his Charlotte home - that'll put a big smile on his face too!
Five renovation tips that are great gifts and will increase value:
- Windows and doors - Almost any upgrade to windows, exterior doors or the garage door will add value to a property and increase its security. However, if you want to make a big impact, splurge for energy-saving windows. These will be especially appealing to buyers looking to lower their carbon footprints and those looking to lower their utility bills — which is everyone!
- Curb appeal – The outside of a house is the first thing buyers see, so it makes sense to spend money to keep it looking its best. With a few new plants, a hedge trimmer, a paintbrush and a shovel, even the most inexperienced DIYer can make a significant impact on a property’s curb appeal.
- Kitchens and baths - Everyone uses them daily and would like them to be as nice as possible. Any money spent updating the kitchen and bathrooms will see a positive return when your Dad decides to sell his Charlotte home.
- Don’t overdo it – Almost everyone wants granite counters, but maybe you live in a laminate neighborhood. Don’t spend so much on updates that your house is far and away the most expensive per square foot in the neighborhood. As a general rule, it’s always hard to sell the most expensive property on the block.
- Sweat the small stuff - A few bucks spent on new light switches, faucets and doorknobs can go a long way to improving the look of a house, without any major investment.
Would you like more renovation ideas for helping your Dad renovate his Charlotte home? Dad's love hand-made gift cards - put that togehter and then let's talk! I have wonderful contractors who I can recommend as well as specialty shops that you can visit if you're thinking of a DIY project to give your Dad.
I hope all of the Dads reading this have a fabulous Father's Day!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | It's Father's Day - Need A Last-Minute Gift Idea?
Read more: http://www.icharlotterealestate.com/give-your-dad%e2%80%99s-charlotte-home-the-gift-of-renovation-this-father%e2%80%99s-day/#ixzz1PhXY7EpH
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Debe Maxwell, Realtor®/Broker/CRS
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY