10 Tips to Marketing Your Luxury Home – Selling Charlotte – Moving Success Tip #2
Let’s get down to the nuts & bolts of marketing your home. Moving is done in stages, as is selling your home. In our area, we are allowed to share our luxury listings as ‘coming soon’ listings, which better promotes them for our sellers – and we do just that. Sellers often put together a ‘highlights’ list but, there are several things to consider about marketing your home while you are doing your initial physical tasks – decluttering and putting mobile storage to use if necessary.
Here are 10 things that are must-dos when selling your Charlotte luxury home:
- Know your competition. Let’s review how the competing homes are being marketed…then, let’s explore how we need to market YOUR home.
- Work with a luxury home specialist. Affluent home buyers & sellers occupy a particular niche, not just in the Charlotte Metro region but, globally. Our affluent buyers and sellers expect “white glove service” – and they get it.
- Professional photos & videography must tell a story – and in sequential order AND labeled with detailed descriptions in the MLS.
- Give the high-end appointments the spotlight. I have found that appliances, lighting and yes, garage unfitting (epoxied flooring & custom cabinetry) are important to our local luxury buyers – so, flaunt them!
- Views, views, VIEWS! This is EXPECTED so, promote it!
- Market features like high ceilings, unique ceilings, large spaces.
- Is the home move-in ready? If so, market that!
- Let’s talk lifestyle, community… Yes, buyers want to know about your neighborhood and the surrounding community, especially if they are relocating to the Metro region.
- Think social media – Instagram, YouTube and FB as well as open houses are preferred by luxury buyers – so, sellers, take heed! Be SURE that you are hiring someone who knows how important these social media sites AND open houses are to luxury buyers.
- Sell the experience – walkability, nearby amenities and eco-friendly appointments are key to many luxury buyers. Share this valuable information with your agent so he/she can help you sell the experience.
BONUS TIP – I am a big believer in knowing your buyer and staging your home for them. Remember staging and decorating are two completely different things. Before you go down the decorting path and spend valuable moving time doing something unnecessary, let’s talk!
I am a proud Guild member of the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing of Dallas, Texas. The training and support we receive through this organization better helps us serve affluent buyers and sellers. Having recently experienced a personal luxury purchase and a luxury sale, I learned first-hand how important this certification is. Let me share my experience and knowledge with you! Call or text me at (704) 491-3310.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Selling Charlotte – Planning and Preparedness – Moving Success Tip #2 – 10 Tips to Marketing Your Luxury Home
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY