The Real Truth About the Spring Housing Market - How to Prepare for It
We always say that any time of year is a good time to sell a home - it's true but, the deeper truth is that our spring market is like none other. Homeowners have been 'cramped up' in their homes, hibernating (especially these last two bone-chilling winters) and are itching with spring fever to get out of the house! Those homeowners who have felt 'closed in' or tired of their current home are the ones who become buyers and sellers and spring is when they make the move!
This time of year, we see a lot of new activity on our websites, lots of inquiring calls and emails from clients, asking for a Comparative Market Analysis - "We're just thinking; we may want to sell in the spring!" I don't ever get the calls saying, "We are thinking of selling during the holidays!" If I do, it's a transfer and they are concerned that they will have trouble selling in the winter months.
Preparing for Spring Market
Just as training for the Olympics is important to all participants, spring market preparation doesn't begin in the spring. We are 'in the gym,' working out, each and every day of the year. Without preparation, we cannot be 100% ready for the spring Olympics.
Here are some of the tasks that I do each year to be 100% ready for the spring market:
- Systems check and evaluation - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broken or not functioning optimally, we simply must re-vamp and have each and every system running at top speed/functionality by the end of the winter market.
- Sphere calls - reaching out to each and every past client each quarter, is imperative. My clients know that preparation is something that is very important to me to achieve my goal of getting them top dolllar. So, typically, if they are thinking of buying and selling in the spring, we have already begun preparing by the end of January.
- If those in my sphere are just now 'thinking' of listing, I meet with them as quickly as possible and get them started on their prep list so, they are ready for spring market.
- Our CRM is one of those systems that we have had to tweak this winter - it will be 100% ready for spring market. If not, we are in big trouble! So, I'd rather be certain that it's in tip-top condition by the first spring-rush week.
- Marketing, incuding farming, is on the calendar and a clear map for our target market is 100% ready for the spring Olympics. The team has been given their marketing goals and we all have our 'work-out' schedule in place!
- One year during the spring season, I ran out of business cards - so, that is something that I check on every January and order, if needed.
- I just placed my stationery order with the local printer to replinish my note cards and paper for letters to sellers when I have a buyer looking for a specific home.
Preparedness is key in anything in life and a busy, spring season is no different. Being caught off-guard is not something that I have time for so, I make certain that all systems are a GO.
Best of luck in your spring Olympics - may you all be Gold Medalists!
This is an entry for ActiveRain's Yearly Real Estate Olympics challenge.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com |The Real Truth About the Spring Housing Market - Prepare for It