Top 5 Rooms to Remodel in 2019
With the popularity of the home remodeling shows, home owners across the nation are anxious to take out their tool boxes and remodel their own homes too. Most often, remodels are better suited to professionals; regardless of the whether you choose DYI or hiring a professional, remodeling projects are not inexpensive. So, making the best impact for the cost is very important.
Here are the top 5 rooms to remodel in 2019.
1. Kitchen – Always a great return on investment. From functional spaces to bona fide living areas, add extra seating, lighting and entertaining spaces such as a bar or eat-in table and built-in benches. Of course updated countertops, cabinets and appliances are preferred as well.
2. Backyard Kitchen/Family Room – Hardscaping is really tied for the kitchen as the most critical space when selling your home. The backyard is an extension of the interior. Consider an outdoor kitchen and fireplace at a minimum. Covered space or even a TV are also popular.
3. Guest Bathroom – While not often the first thought, a powder room is easy to remodel and gives a great impression. Make the space look larger with a neutral color scheme.
4. Bonus Room/Media Room – Create a unique gathering space with a media or bonus room. This extra finished space will more often than not, bring more than the cost when selling.
5. Master Bedroom – Always a place to retreat and refresh. Master bedrooms are getting makeovers with calm soothing paint colors, luxury spa bathrooms, large picture windows and balconies or patios.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Top 5 Rooms to Remodel in 2019
Originally posted at http://athomescharlotte.com/realestate/home-sellers-guide/top-5-rooms-to-remodel-in-2019/
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY