A fabulous week last week was wrought with days of dealing with an unknown lender who cost a client 4 days of Closing and a seller, nearly the loss of his home purchase.
I am primarily a listing agent but, when I do have a buyer with whom I work, before we ever even get in the car to shop for homes, I provide the buyers with a list of lenders whom I TRUST. I know the ones that will work better for a particular buyer. Being in the heart of banking here in Charlotte, we work with a good deal of big bank employees who prefer to use a lender from their own company as well--and I have references from those banks also.
These lenders GET THE JOB DONE! I know they do and all of my clients rave about the lender whom they select. They begin the process prior to our even shopping for homes and a couple of these lenders have the documents to the attorneys TWO WEEKS prior to Closing. Yes, I have solid lenders to offer my clients and I can honestly say that we NEVER have lending issues with these lenders.
In fact, once the deal is consumated, the only thing that I get is an email update from the lenders, letting me know what is going on and then when the attorney has the package. They do their job and I do mine! These people are professionals who have a clear understanding of their jobs--and ours!
- They don't contact me about trivial issues--they handle them.
- They update me weekly and without prompting
- They are immediately in touch with the Closing attorney, ordering the Title search EARLY in the process
- They expeditiously order the appraisal and let us know that all is well--OR if not...
- They begin work on the loan even before my client goes under Contract
- When my client DOES go under Contract, they get their files to the underwriters.
- When the underwriter has an issue, THEY take care of it--they don't ask ME to!
- They work with the attorney to get HUD-1 approval early in the game so that if we have absent buyers, they will have time to sign their documents before a Notary Public, wherever they are located.