Motivational Monday - Take Time to Find Yourself
"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of chaos, and sometimes in the middle of chaos, you find yourself." — Boonaa Mohammed
Think about that quote for a moment and just how relevant it is to what we have experienced this entire year.
We hear that more and more people are fighting confinement (to their homes), either as a requirement or a choice due to quarantining or for health concerns. I have shared that during the time our city deemed real estate agents non-essential, I did a little self-reflection and learned I needed to seriously work on my workaholism.
That is one of several discoveries that I made in the middle of this chaos and I am truly thankful that I was forced to ‘find myself.’ It may have only been a few months ago but, it truly changed my life - and it possibly extended my life too!
A couple of things to help find yourself…
- Daily affirmations - Waking up daily with a grateful heart leads to grounding yourself with the present. It also leads you to finding calm in the chaos.
- Daily meditation helps self-reflection and also helps build skills to manage stress in the midst of the chaos.
- Spending less time commuting also allows you to spend more time with those you love, whether it’s in person or virtually. Talking to those you love can also lead to calm as well as discovering an internal ah-ha moment.
Remember self-reflection can help you
- Improve your emotional intelligence
- Develop a better understanding of others (not just yourself)
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Develop creative thinking skills
- Improve your ability to redirect disruptive emotions & impulses
- Adapt to change
- Improve your decision-making skills
Waking up daily with a grateful heart leads to grounding yourself with the present. It also leads you to finding calm in the chaos. Spending less time commuting also allows you to spend more time with those you love, whether it’s in person or virtually. Talking to those you love can also lead to calm as well as discovering an internal ah-ha moment.
If talking to others and self-reflecting simultaneously just doesn’t work for you, spend some time with YOU! 'Me' time spent with nature is a great way to become more self-aware. Nature has a way of clearing the mind and making a self-awareness session a very positive experience. *Don’t allow yourself to be ’self-judging’ - that is not healthy self-reflecting!
Instead of allowing the world to grind on your soul, take advantage of the additional time you have and do some self-reflecting. You never know what exciting discoveries you’ll make!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Motivational Monday - Take Time to Find Yourself
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY