Lake Norman Region New Home to Lime Energy Headquarters
A top provider of clean energy solutions, Lime Energy, will be relocating its headquarters from Chicago to the Charlotte Metro area, specifically Huntersville. Lime Energy plans to consolidate its IT, accounting, engineering and corporate management departments with the relocation. The new headquarters move are expected to be completed in October, bringing 50-75 new jobs to NC over the next 12-24 months.
Connecting to the groundwork that has previously been established in the Charlotte area, the emerging energy hub growth continues with Lime Energy’s announcement. Lime Energy has shown a 30% year over year growth for the past three years.
Lime Energy has already added approximately 15 jobs this year related to the move in headquarters and 35 jobs in North Carolina during the past year. Their plan is currently to expand the Kenton Place development on Sam Furr Road in Huntersville, which will accommodate the additional employees.
For over 20 years, Lime Energy has provided services which integrate energy engineering, consulting and the facilitation of renewable solutions. These services enable customers to reduce their facility’s energy consumption, lower their operating and maintenance costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
More information on Charlotte Metro Region job market and economic developments in the area:
- BAE Systems of Britain, with their United States
base is in Arlington, Va., committed to opening a human resources and
finance center in Charlotte, creating 176 new jobs for the area.
- In March, plans to expand the energy sector was supported when
Governor Perdue unveiled a major economic investment by Siemens
- The Shaw Group and Areva made major changes and
expansions in and around the city.
- In September, ABB announced 100 new jobs coming to Huntersville
- Babcock & Wilcox, the energy engineering company based in
Lynchburg, Va., moved its headquarters and added 130 jobs here.
- Celgard Announces Expansion in Charlotte and Concord
- Another Fortune 500 Company, SPX announced plans to expand, creating 180 new
jobs in Charlotte NC in the Ballantyne area.
- Charlotte economic update.
- More uplifting Charlotte economic news came with Toshiba’s announcement: More Energy Jobs Announced by Toshiba
- Time Warner Cable announces new business growth and development of new jobs in the Charlotte area.
- Celgard, a Polypore International Company announces a new plant and jobs in the Charlotte Metro area - Concord jobs available.