Motivational Monday - Is it the Problem or Your Attitude?
We all know that ‘attitude is everything’ but, in the workplace, it can impact more lives than personally. One of my favorite quotes on this topic, brings a smile to my face. Yes, it's light-hearted but, it's SO true!
When we refer to a positive attitude, it’s not ‘surface cheer’ we’re talking about - it’s deep-rooted positivity that comes from within. While negativity is known to create a habitual ‘fight or flight’ state, narrowing focus and creating intimidation and fear, positivity goes the distance with broad focus, calming approaches to problems, tactical moves and opening up the field to more possibilities.
I read a comment by another AR member this weekend - something about already knowing what particular members’ responses would be.
When faced with a workplace problem, the Negative Nancy agent will respond with ‘that can’t be done,’ or ‘jump ship and try something else,’ or ‘fire them!’
Positive Paul with give you several options or solve it before you can even turn around…and with a smile on his face!
How do you maintain positivity in the workplace? Here are a few ideas:
- Surround yourself with positive people - positivity begets positivity is my mantra! My office culture needs to be positive, as do those who work for me. Also, sometimes if you’re seen often enough with the ‘office complainer (more on that below), you may very well get that same reputation.
- Don’t rely on others as your source of positivity though - you have to be responsible for your own responses and overall attitude.
- Fill your mind & body with positive input - that includes proper nutrition, perhaps listening to motivational speakers or music, etc.
- Embrace learning - Oftentimes negativity can be a reflection of insecurity which quite often stems from lack of knowledge. Educate yourself, educate others - this will help elevate your confidence level.
- For Pete's Sake, STOP COMPLAINING! Remember that complaining doesn’t impress anyone - especially when it has to do with the workplace. Complainers are often labeled just that - complainers - and are often avoided at all costs! I know I will put myself in front of another person, deep into conversation, to avoid a complainer coming my way!
Lastly, you will notice that the positive people in the world LOVE to laugh! Laughter is not only a sign of a positive person, it can lift others into a positive mindset as well!
Happy Positive Monday!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com |
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY