We have had great success with our veterans this year, getting them into their dream homes. While, we are not a military city, we are honored to assist any and all veterans moving to our area. We have been proactive in educating our fellow agents as to the VA loan process and while many agents recommend to their sellers to avoid taking Offers with a VA loan, we have wonderful lenders who provide this product (a VA loan) and we have had virtually ZERO hiccups when it comes to getting our veteran buyers through the process.
I have personally negotiated on behalf of several veterans using their VA loans and yes, even winning bidding wars for them by convincing the listing agents and the sellers that our buyer WILL Close the deal.
*Infographic courtesy of Keeping Current Matters (KCM)
Some Highlights of the Veterans Administration (VA) Home Loans:
- The VA Home Loan is a benefit that is available to more than 22 million veterans and 2 million active duty service members to help them achieve the dream of homeownership.
- In 2018, $161 billion was loaned to veterans and their families through the program.
- In 2018, the average loan amount was $264,197 and 610,513 loans were guaranteed.
For VA Buyers
Don’t let the fear of an over-abundance of paperwork needed to secure VA lending scare you! ALL loans - VA & conventional - require a lot of personal & financial information these days. We have lenders who will take the stress off of your VA loan process and get you that sweet VA loan package that can get you into the home of your dreams.
Here are 5 great reasons to utilize your VA mortgage benefit:
1. They can be used over and over again. You can ‘reuse’ your full VA entitlement as long as you pay off the loan each time.
2. They’re not issued by the VA but, they are backed by the government. The VA isn’t in the business of issuing home loans. Instead, the government provides a guaranty on each qualified mortgage loan. This gives lenders confidence and helps service members secure great terms and rates.
3. They’re available despite foreclosure or bankruptcy history. Service members with a history of bankruptcy or foreclosure can secure a VA loan. Even borrowers who have had a VA loan foreclosed on can still utilize their VA loan benefit.
4. They don’t have mortgage insurance. Mortgage insurance is a monthly fee you pay with other loan programs when you do not put at least 20% down. The VA’s guaranty eliminates the need for any mortgage insurance or mortgage insurance premium, helping borrowers save even more money each month and requiring ZERO DOWN.
5. Theres is no prepayment penalty. You can make extra payments any time you want, saving you a boatload in interest over the life of your loan. You can even structure your payments to automatically deduct a little extra every month. Just an extra $100 per month can shave years and tens of thousands of dollars from the balance.
I am a Certified Military Residential Specialist, was an Air Force brat as a child and I’m honored to serve our vets. I would love to serve you as well.
#Veterans #VeteranFriendlyRealtor® #VAHomeLoans
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HOME LOANS BY THE NUMBERS
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY